“People come to me to resolve their disputes, and that’s my committed objective. That means I stay as long as it takes either to achieve a settlement or to establish a clear pathway for doing so.”
- J.D., UCLA School of Law, Order of the Coif; Law Review, Sr. Editor
- B.A., UCLA Phi Beta Kappa
As a full-time neutral, Judge Meisinger is known for his extensive preparation, his honest evaluation of the merits of each case, and his persistent and diligent work with counsel to help resolve disputes in a mutually beneficial and expedient manner.
Judge Meisinger’s wide-ranging legal knowledge, intellect and experience allow him to bring a unique perspective and approach to every case he handles. Since retiring from the bench, he has specialized in resolving high-stakes, high-value and complex litigation disputes and matters, including many class action and mass tort cases. He has successfully mediated and served as Claims Administrator for a number of mass tort cases including on behalf of victims of a mass shooting, wildfires (mediation), defective products (mediation), legal malpractice and, currently on behalf of tens of thousands of victims of a massive gas leak.
Prior to his appointment to the bench, Judge Meisinger founded the preeminent media, arts and entertainment law firm Hill Wynne Troop & Meisinger, where he focused on entertainment and complex business matters. In 1998, he joined The Walt Disney Company as general counsel, where he oversaw global legal affairs for five years. He was then recruited by the international law firm of Sheppard Mullin where he successfully established the firm’s Entertainment & Media Group. Finally, after more than 40 years as a litigator in both state and federal courts, Judge Meisinger was appointed to the Los Angeles Superior Court, where he served as a trial, family law and settlement judge for five years.
- Neutral, ADR Services, Inc. (2014–2017)
- Judge, The Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles (2008–2013)
- Senior Advisor, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton (2003–2008)
- Executive Vice President & General Counsel, The Walt Disney Company (1998–2003)
- Founder, Hill Wynne Troop & Meisinger (1975–1998)
Professional Achievements and Memberships
- California’s Top Neutrals, Daily Journal
- Power Mediators, The Hollywood Reporter
- Leading Judges in America, Lawdragon
- Leading Entertainment & Media Lawyer, Chambers USA
- Super Lawyers, Los Angeles Magazine
- Bill of Rights Award, Constitutional Rights Foundation
- Entertainment Lawyer of the Year, Beverly Hills Bar Association